How to clean aluminum tool box – 5 Powerful Secrets (2021)
Does your toolbox get dirtier? You tried to clean it but you can’t make it as a new one. Don't worry the right procedure will make it as like as a new one and we are going to discuss how to clean aluminum tool box in this article. So let's start
However, aluminum tool boxes are great for construction work. If you are a user then you may notice that they get dirtier more often. The right procedure for cleaning aluminum tool boxes is very important. Proper cleaning will make your toolbox last longer.
So, follow this guide to know the proper and right procedure for how to clean aluminum tool box:
1. Using Cola:
When you want to clean with cola, you are going to need:
- 2Soft bristle scrub brush (nylon scrub brush is ideal)
- 3Dry paper towel
- 4Aluminum wax
A can of cola can make your toolbox as like as new. Pour cola into your toolbox. For distributing cola properly, you can use a clean paper towel. Make sure that the cola is distributed evenly onto your toolbox. Now, wait for five minutes to see the magic.
You have to have a stiff scrub brush. After five minutes use your stiff scrub brush to scrub over your toolbox. You will see that dirt and grime will disappear like a magic show.
Now, the finishing touch is necessary. Use plenty of water to remove cola and dirt. After cleaning with the help of water use a dry towel to clean it. You can also use a cotton rag. And let your toolbox into open space to dry it with the help of air.
After finishing all the above process, use aluminum wax to coat your toolbox evenly. Always use the high-quality aluminum toolbox. After coating with aluminum wax, let it dry. Proper air flow will dry it quickly.
2. Using vinegar:
To Clean with vinegar, you need:
- 1A spray bottle
- 2White vinegar
- 3Soft bristle scrub brush (nylon scrub brush is ideal)
- 5Dry paper towel
At first, fill the spray bottle with white vinegar. Now, spray the surface of your tool section by section. Use the oft bristle scrub to dip before the vinegar dry. you can use the toothbrush onto hard to reach an area. You will notice that dirt is coming off. Let it dry in the air. You can also use the dry paper towel to dry your toolbox. However, use wax to coat your aluminum toolbox with a soft rag. To get high shine, let the toolbox dry and buff.
3. Using dish soap:
By cleaning with dish soap, you need:
- 1Hot water
- 2Liquid dish-washing soap that can remove grease (go to nearby shop to get it)
- 3Dry paper towel
- 4Soft bristle scrub brush (nylon scrub brush is ideal)
Fill the bucket with hot water and mix with liquid dish soap. Stir it to blend well the liquid soap and water. Now, the job is to make wet your aluminum toolbox with fresh water. With the soft bristle scrub brush dip your toolbox into the mix water that you prepared with liquid and hot water. Scrub well until the dirt goes off. After cleaning with mix water, use plain water to rinse your toolbox until the soap goes off. Use the dry paper towel to dry your toolbox. also, let it dry by air. Coat wax to the aluminum toolbox is the final job to do.
4. Using Phosphoric acid:
By cleaning with phosphoric acid, you need:
- 1Phosphoric acid
- 2Plain water
- 3Metal polish
- 4Nylon scrubbing pad
- 5Latex gloves
- 6Protective eye-wear glass
- 7Dry paper towel
- 8Soft cloth
Firstly, you need to watering the surface of your aluminum toolbox with water to clean it. Then use the paper towel to dry it. Now it is polishing time. before doing this step wear latex gloves and protective eyeglass. Use nylon scrubbing pad polish your toolbox with phosphoric acid. Polish until it appears white. Now spray water and let it dry. The final job is to apply the metal polish after drying well enough your toolbox. After the application wipes the polish.
It is said that prevention is the better than remedy. Also, prevention will make your toolbox not get dirty frequently. So, prevent from getting dirty is necessary too.
How to prevent your toolbox from dirt?
- 1If water stays for a long period on your tools surface then it will damage quickly. So, notice about that matter.
- 2Don’t clean for a long period. After cleaning, dry it and use the wax coat.Rinsing is mandatory after washing.
- 3Always use wax coat after every wash. it makes you aluminum toolbox as a new one. It will help to prevent getting dirt. Thus, you will save money and time.
- 4Try to use high-quality metal cleaners and polish.
- 5Keep your toolbox dry.
- 6Don’t use any soap other than dish-washing and car washing soap to clean it.
- 7Don’t clean with chemical other than phosphoric acid.
Well, those are prevention. But proper maintenance is also an important part. Proper maintenance will reduce the number of cleaning you’re your toolbox per year.
Some precaution is needed to clean your aluminum toolbox:
Every time when you are going to clean your toolbox, you should follow some precaution to not get harm thyself and the toolbox.
- 1Hand gloves and eye-wear glass is necessary while cleaning your tools.
- 2Use the proper material for each cleaning procedure mentioned.
- 3If there is any painted part of your toolbox then use the proper cleaning material for that job.
- 4Always avoid hard bristle brushes to clean it.
Check it out for more info.
You will must happy to see your toolbox after cleaning it. And it is necessary to clean your aluminum toolbox time to time to greater output and its longevity. So, why are you waiting?
All the above-mentioned procedure tested and verified. You may now understand How to clean aluminum toolbox. So, don’t hesitate to accept one of the procedure given.